Many broken bones heal with little residual effect, but in the case of serious, multiple fractures, or fractures of joints or near joints, there can be long-term medical problems. At the Brandi Law Firm, we recognize that a complex fracture can limit your ability to work, may require extensive medical treatment or therapy and may even require additional surgeries.
A severe broken bone injury, especially of a joint, will often lead to chronic pain and “traumatic” arthritis as people age. For example, we represented a client who suffered a broken ankle in a construction accident. While the ankle did heal, she developed Complex Regional Pain Syndrome (CRPS, also known as Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy RSD) which required further long-term treatment.
We offer the medical knowledge and legal experience to handle cases involving all types of serious fractures, such as:
- Ankle fractures: Broken ankles are especially common for drivers in auto accidents or falls. Many of these individuals will face joint replacement surgery in the future as a result of the fracture.
- Hip fractures and elbow fractures: These fractures are most commonly sustained among elderly patrons in a slip and fall accident, a nursing home fall or other nursing home accident that resulted from nursing home neglect.
- Knee fractures: Pedestrians who are struck by cars or other vehicles are susceptible to knee damage and other serious injuries.
- Wrist fractures: Recognizing an impending accident, people often use their arms or hands as a brace — against the ground in a slip and fall accident, or against the steering wheel in a car accident. As a result, they suffer serious wrist fractures.
- Pelvic fractures: Pelvic fractures are usually the result of severe trauma in a catastrophic rollover accident, in an aviation accident or a construction site accident such as a fall from a roof or scaffold without safety gear.
- Skull fractures: Skull fractures can be sustained in nearly any type of accident and can lead to a host of subtle or extreme problems, including loss of memory, emotional expressiveness, emotional control, decision making functions and cognitive ability.
Through our experience and dedication to injured clients, we have recovered significant compensation on behalf of clients who have suffered broken bones and other serious injuries.